Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£160 – 185 per day + Inside IR35
2nd Line Support Technician
Our client is looking for a 2nd Line support Technician to join ASAP on a contract basis. For this role you will have the below essential skills & experience.
5 days on site
- Extensive 2nd Line Support experience
- Provide comprehensive support and training to staff using the IT systems including PC based applications and Cisco Telephony across the company.
- Monitor the IT Infrastructure helpdesk on a daily basis
- Develop, maintain and act upon pro-active fault identification and avoidance practices, including testing operational sites’ services to prove functionality ready for operations
- Promote and assist in the development and implementation of fault reporting policies, processes and systems and ensure proper and safe use of IT equipment by users, proposing changes to working practices and procedures to comply with new legislation
- Participate as a project team member in IT projects as directed by the IT manager
- Maintain the Asset registers for hardware, software and licences required by the company
- Have a good understanding of Dell hardware from servers to laptops and to keep a record of software changes
- Drive and promote quality and timely fault reporting, diagnosis and resolution for the IT and Telephony systems
- Monitor the system backup procedures on a daily basis and notify IT Infrastructure of any issues
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/