Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
Build, Deployment, Engineer
£475 – 500 per day
Build & Deployment Engineer
INSIDE IR35 – Remote working initially
Our client who are a leading financial services group have an exciting opportunity for a Build & Deployment Engineer to join on an initial 6 month contract.
- Work directly for the Risk Technology team to design build and deployment processes within the constraints of the current supported platform.
- This will entail the creation of build processes in TeamCity, linking these to binary repository storage (Artifactory) and deployment automation ( Jenkins / MicroFocus DA)
- Liaise with distributed development teams to manage their transition from manual processes, supporting users as we progress,
- Migrate Risk Teams code base from Subversion to GitHub Enterprise
- Develop automation processes to deploy Docker from Artifactory
- Understand benefits of Azure DevOps, work on deployment automation of Azure Databricks, DataFactory, Functions and Containers.
- Support the direction of automation of processes by redeveloping existing manual / air gapped build and deployment processes
- Follow direction of the Build and Deployment Manager /Riskk team leader.
- Suggest / implement improvements to processes with an aim of continual improvement.
- Excellent understanding of Build, Deployment and Software Configuration management tooling and processes.
- Azure Devops ( and how this can be integrated into existing control processes)
- Good understanding of SQLServer / Oracle and associated deploy / release technologies ( e.g. RedGate, RoundHouse, Liquibase, dbUp)
- Understanding of Web application structure and deployments (IIS / WebDeploy)
- Good ability with scripting methods. (including Perl, Powershell, shell, groovy)
- Subversion (VisualSVN) / GitHub Enterprise
- Artifactory – configuration / management / integration with Build tools (including REST methods)
- TeamCity / Jenkins ( CI/CD build)
- Snowflake ( in a dev op deployment model)
- MicroFocus Deployment Automation / UrbanCode Deploy
- Jira / Confluence
- Service Now
- Has experience as a Build Manager in a complex multi system environment.
- Has implemented and maintained automation systems for efficient and effective build and deployment.
- Has experience in liaising with cross functional teams.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/