Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£50k – 60k per year
Cloud Security Engineer – Perm – Hybrid
£50,000 – £60,000
Hybrid 2 days in the office
Our client is looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to join our team on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate will be based in Aberdeen, but we are also open to remote working candidates.
The Cloud Security Engineer (CSE) role will be responsible for delivery of cyber security improvements across the cloud offerings. Reporting to the Information Security Manager as part of the IT Security team the successful candidate will bring a strong cybersecurity background and have a sound technical understanding of enterprise IT.
The CSE will work alongside the IT security team, Internal IT teams and managed service providers to ensure that our cloud environment meets security best practices. This role will require a clear communicator who will be able to explain complex security challenges to a wide range of stakeholders.
As the cloud technologies continue to evolve so does the security requirements to keep them secure. The CSE will help shape our cloud security strategy ensuring that our policies, tools and ways of working continue to adapt to meet these new challenges.
Cloud Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- Working within the IT Security team to design and deploy cloud security solutions across our IAAS, PAAS and SAAS technologies.
- Working with the IT Security team to develop and maintain security policies and procedures for the cloud environment.
- Conduct regular security assessments and audits to identify and mitigate risks within our cloud environment.
- Support and maintain our security controls within Azure Active Directory and Microsoft 365
- Identify security risks and provide recommendations for mitigation.
- Support during any production issues and incidents and participate in the problem and change management forums.
- Support and maintenance of Cloud Security Tooling and Platforms.
- Take part in post incident reviews and propose engineering resolutions to improve results in any future recurrence.
- Assist with mentoring and cross skill training across the IT Security team and wider IT function.
- Stay up to date with the latest threats and vulnerabilities in the cloud environment and make recommendations for remediation.
Cloud Security Engineer Skills/Requirements
- Extensive IT experience with a strong experience with cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Experience in delivering Information Security in a modern digital workplace.
- Preferred security certification (CISSP, CISM)
- Preferred azure certifications (AZ-500, SC-300)
- Proven experience within a Windows Server environment
- Proven experience within Microsoft 365 and Azure Active Directory with Microsoft Purview experience highly desirable
- Scripting knowledge with PowerShell
- Understanding of the NIST cybersecurity Framework, ISO27001, GDPR
- Operates with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Clear communicator who can present to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good understanding of IT Infrastructure & applications with knowledge of industry standards and current technology trends.
Cloud Security Engineer Benefits:
- Career development – with access to a range of learning and development opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development.
- Flexible working – lots of our people work flexibly in different ways. Whether it’s hybrid, part-time or flexitime working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but let’s have a discussion to see how we can make it work.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave/adoption leave
- A fantastic benefits package – which includes a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, discounted health and wellbeing packages, electric car salary sacrifice scheme and more.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/