Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£75k – 85k per year + bonus + benefits
Data Architect – Remote / Hybrid working
Are you passionate about data and analytics? Do you have experience in designing and implementing data solutions for complex business problems? If you do we have a fantastic opportunity to join one of our tier 1 clients who are in the financial services sector.
A regular part of the working day will involve project-level work: collaborating with both business and technical colleagues to create high level design documents.
This data architect is required to oversee both the operational & analytical data design aspects of this key strategic project. There is also a requirement to manage/govern the output of contract data architects brought in for digital transformation and other change projects.
Main Responsibilities as Data Architect:
- Provide technical leadership in Enterprise Data Services leadership and strategy meetings.
- Support the Head of Enterprise Data Services in driving the enterprise data strategy.
- Continual improvement of the enterprise data principles and blueprint designs.
- Maintain the enterprise data model.
- Participate in Solution Architecture Forum, helping to govern design or other projects and presenting own work for approval.
- Design and govern Central Data Platform data pipeline patterns.
- High-level ETL design/review.
- Collaborate on conceptual data modelling (dimensional)
To be successful in being considered for the Data Architect role you will need the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Financial services domain knowledge.
- Expertise in at least two of these key technologies: Azure, Azure Data Lake, Databricks, Matillion, Snowflake and PowerBI.
- Event-driven architecture, including Lambda.
- Analytical system data architecture and ETL design experience.
- Sound understanding of dimensional data modelling.
- Experience in maintaining enterprise data models and data flow diagrams.
- Sound understanding of metadata management, information security and GDPR.
- Sound understanding of T-SQL, to converse efficiently with data engineers and modellers.
- Sound understanding of data science and machine learning principles.
- Sound understanding of data analysis, BI and data visualisation principles.
- TOGAF knowledge a desirable benefit.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/