Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£65k – 77k per year + bonus + benefits
Our client, a leading organisation in the insurance industry with over 100 years in the market have an opportunity for an experienced DBA with some legacy DB2 experience to join on a permanent basis. You will design, install/configure, operate, and maintain systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This may include directing work of less senior engineers. You will help establish strategy and adoption of new technologies in a single domain. Provide engineering design and support for multi-tenant platforms in a single domain including hardware, software, automation, and monitoring.
- Ensure the global stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems and infrastructure that support departments, and to conduct/lead research on latest technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic plans.
- Demonstrate advanced application of technical skills and interpersonal competencies
- Provide direct global technical leadership and support for all requirements in developing strategy, planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to our distributed computing environment. This includes managing several small to medium-scale projects and tasks of several complexities across the enterprise.
- Provide direct technical support for all requirements in the planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of upgrades or changes to our DB2 database footprint.
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring, tuning, and prediction.
- Provide high-level support Db2 databases, ensuring proper change management procedures and methodologies are followed.
- Some after-hours work will be required
You will require participation in a daytime, on-call rotation on-call rotation to assist with incident handling for the purpose of resolving DB2 database related infrastructure issues. Provide technical assistance/guidance to less experienced administrators – the rotation will be one week in three inclusive of weekends
- Db2 v11.X
- Db2 v12.X
- IBM z/OS: TSO, Utilities, JCL, VSAM, RACF
- CA7, CA11: Host scheduling administration
- BMC AMI and related Admin/utility software
- Catalogue Manager
- Change Manager
- DASD and recovery manager
- Coding Skills
- IBM DB2 Administration Suite
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/