Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£90k – 110k per year
Head of IT
Hybrid working – 3 days a week onsite in Birmingham
Our client, a leading financial services institution based in the Birmingham area have an opportunity for a Head of IT to join at a period of growth for the organisation. The Head of IT will be responsible for strategic decisions across the board, working closely with the Executives to deliver these on time and on budget. There will be a range of programmes to manage as well as the team management of a medium sized department.
- Implement the IT strategy focused on customer self-service, digital and simplification of the technological estate to support the strategic objectives
- Lead, manage, develop and motivate people to ensure they know what is expected of them, maximise their performance and develop their potential.
- Forecast, plan, schedule and monitor resources across all areas of responsibility to manage capacity to fulfil business needs and continuity of service.
- Manage the relationships and performance of IT suppliers and outsourced IT partners including negotiating terms with suppliers of all IT related services within budget and resolution of issues.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals.
- Direct, manage and oversee the development and optimisation of the IT infrastructure, systems and applications.
- Develop and maintain the Major Incident, Disaster recovery and Business Continuity plan for IT and to implement measures designed to safeguard the organisation and its customers in the event of major incidents or disasters.
- Ensure that the organisation is appropriately protected from an IT security perspective both in relation to internal users and external threats. This cyber security management in a proactive manner to manage cyber risks.
- Plan, manage and prioritise the delivery of IT change projects and regular IT changes in collaboration with the Change function in line with organisation’s project methodology.
- Proactively and regularly identify and manage risks and the development and implementation of robust and effective IT controls including IT device management to mitigate information security and operational risks. Regular review and updating of Risk Control Self Assessments.
- Represent IT at appropriate committees and meetings to ensure IT’s point of view is articulated including but not limited to giving progress updates, highlighting risks and solutions, soliciting stakeholder feedback and getting their buy in and escalating appropriate issues.
- Effectively engage and communicate with project sponsors, stakeholders and participants.
- Extensive depth and breadth of experience of managing an IT department in a financial services environment
- Extensive technical systems architect background.
- Experience in implementing strategic change and transitioning of an organisation’s technology stack.
- Experience of implementing key systems in the cloud.
- Proven track record or leading, motivating and developing people / teams with good mentoring and coaching skills.
- Project management experience of technical projects.
- Ability to think and act at a strategic level, with an analytical, innovative and enquiring approach.
- Decision maker confident to rely upon their own judgement.
- Customer focused and considers the customer in all new initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication, facilitation skills and ability to present confidently and to engage and manage stakeholders, developing effective relationships at all levels.
Head of IT
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/