Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£70k – 90k per year + 6 Months FTC
Interim Head of Technology Operations – FTC – Hybrid
£70,000 – £90,000
6 Months FTC
Hybrid 2-3 days in the office
Our client is looking for an Interim Head of Technology Operations on a 6 Month Fixed Term Contract (FTC) with a potential of going permanent.
You will lead and guide the strategic direction of all aspects of the IT infrastructure and security controls to enable successful delivery of company objectives and strategy through the effective management and implementation of technology and associated control framework. Ensuring best practice standards are utilised to ensure the companies infrastructure is secure and compliant at all times.
Act at all times in accordance with the requirements of the SM&CR.
Interim Head of Technology Operations Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility for oversight of the network and system infrastructure, ensuring proper configuration, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of security firewalls, sites/software, servers, data and file encryption, and internet connections.
- Explores new technologies and software as appropriate, supporting the CIO in making recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of cyber security controls, development and implementation of cyber crisis management & incident responses, including maintenance and testing of appropriate Playbooks and coordination of tabletop simulation exercises.
- Lead the TechOps team to manage the day-to-day activities of maintaining and supporting the businesses infrastructure.
- Maintain relationship with outsourced Helpdesk provider, ensuring high levels of customer service are provided.
- Effectively manage 3rd party suppliers and partners through the delivery of external IT contracts.
- Ensure procedures are documented, maintained, accurate and up to date.
- Maintain responsibility for TechOps team budget.
- Ensure organisational adherence to IT security, compliance and risk requirements.
- Proactive management of risks. Identify and work with stakeholders to communicate risks and implement effective controls to manage risk within business appetite.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders of all levels maintaining constructive relationships with all areas of the businesses.
- Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Interim Head of Technology Operations Skills/Requirements
- Senior stakeholder management having effective communication and influencing skills.
- Generating and building proposals and providing input to the overall IT strategy.
- Organising, planning and managing projects/tasks.
- Understanding of cybersecurity and controls to manage the security risks to the IT network.
- Working knowledge of setup, configuration of Wide Area Networks (WAN) – including management of Junipers and Firewalls.
- Solid understanding of Local Area Network (LAN) design including DHCP, IP and network configurations.
- Working knowledge of configuring remote access systems – Citrix/Cisco Any Connect VPN.
- Management of Disaster Recovery and BCP tests.
- Working knowledge of IP telephony systems such as Cisco or Samsung.
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Server Infrastructure and SQL Server products/environments.
Interim Head of Technology Operations Benefits
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Up to 15% annual discretionary bonus based on performance.
- Company pension scheme – up to 9% company contribution
- 1 x Paid charity days.
- Long service awards and extra holiday
- Healthcare cash plan
- Life assurance cover x 4
- Online discounts and gym memberships
- Enhanced paternity and maternity pay
- Access to Smart Hive by Bravo Benefits giving you full access to all your benefits + additional discounts.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/