Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£50k – 54k per year + 20% Bonus
IT Network Engineer – Permanent
£54,000 + 20% Bonus
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining our company’s infrastructure within our international offices. The resource will ensure availability, performance and security of systems across all platforms. To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure, network hardware and servers. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including and not limited to WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, iSCSI fabrics, server and controllers. There will be some travel required where deemed essential and some out of hours work.
- Maintaining, implementing and troubleshooting the network infrastructure.
- Working through network related ticket escalations from the Service Desk team and alerts from the network monitoring system.
- Implementing network new security measures.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Ensuring that all changes to production infrastructure are documented according to change management procedures with required approval before deployment.
- Supporting responses to data security (prevention, threat hunting and remediation). Penetration testing and firewall rules.
- Participating and owning the Incident Response process to identify, isolate and remove security threats and vulnerabilities.
Skills Knowledge and Experience
Tracking budget expenses, project management, problem-solving, network infrastructure knowledge, design and implementation, troubleshooting, hardware configuration and firewalls configuration.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Solid understanding of network routing and switching.
- Palo Alto, Prisma firewall experience.
- Routing protocols. BGP, EIGRP.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- Practical experience of administration of Internet and WAN services; MPLS, Leased Lines and Site-to-Site VPNs.
- Practical experience in the administration of Azure Networking with focus on EXPRESSROUTE, Azure VPN, Azure Firewall, deployment and management of Checkpoint NVA, all based on a strong understanding of Azure fundamentals.
- Experience of utilizing Wireshark type tools for analysing packet captures when troubleshooting issues.
- Excellent technical documentation (network diagrams; infrastructure diagrams; process diagrams that speak to a technical and non-technical audience at all levels of the organisation.
An in-depth understanding of security principles to operate and deliver with a security first approach.
- Network design and architecture.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Willing to learn and with a positive and can-do attitude.
- Palo Alto
- ITIL framework.
- Strong organisation and planning skills with exposure to matrix management
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/