Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£400 – 600 per day
IT Risk Specialist
Hybrid / Inside IR35
Our client, a global banking organisation require an IT Risk Specialist to join their team on an initial 6 month contract. To ensure effective management and control of technology risks, liaising with all Technology departments and some business functions within the international business and group as necessary.
In addition, you will be expected to deliver against the IT control library which will be used to document expected and existing controls which will further assist in identifying control gaps, risks and defining relevant treatment plans to mitigate identified risks.
- Lead and execute formal risk reviews, assessments and risk quantification against technology control capabilities.
- Develop and maintain the technology risk management frameworks, methologies and assurance activities.
- Drive a culture of control architecture, design and monitoring to support risk awareness and best practice.
- Engagement with key projects and programmes to support the identification of risks.
- Establish and effectively maintain relationships with stakeholders including senior management.
- Delivery of assigned IT risk or governance related initiatives (COBIT, Annual IT risk evaluation, FFIEC, SOX audit etc.)
- Ensuring high quality deliverables for audit and risk related response
- Responsible for supporting and recommending IT process enhancements
- Responsible for Technology related issue and risk remediation tracking and reporting
- Ensure coherence of the bank IT security policies, by periodic IT control assessment and validation of effectiveness and design of the process.
- Responsible as a liaison to the 2nd and 3rd line of defence, and external parties such as big 4 auditors.
- Review and consult on technology policies and standards.
- Drive control owners in risk and control self-assessments (RCSAs) review for technology processes.
- Support technology owners to identify, document and monitor self-identified issues, with action plans, using Open Pages.
- Strong technical background with 3 + years’ experience in risk management with proven IT risk and/or IT governance skills is essential.
- Ability to make sense of complex situations and rapidly prioritise issues to take effective decisions in a commercial manner.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to communicate complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work on own without direction.
- Has strong planning, communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Able to work in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment.
- Certified in relevant risk or simiar qualifications (e.g. CRISC, CISSP, CISM, CISA)
IT Risk Specialist
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/