Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£200 per day
IT Support Desk Technician
£200/Day – Inside IR35
Based in Crawley with hybrid working (3 days onsite)
Are you a tech-savvy problem solver with a passion for providing top-notch IT support? We are seeking a skilled IT Support Desk Technician who has good technical knowledge and a customer-oriented mindset to join our dynamic team.
As a crucial member of our IT support department, you will play a key role in ensuring the seamless operation of our IT systems and providing excellent service to our internal users.
- Act as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, email, IM or F2F. Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Follow-up and update customer status information Pass on any feedback or suggestion by customers to the appropriate internal team Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Respond to and resolve incoming technical issues reported by end-users through various channels.
- Provide timely and effective 1st and 2nd line support, troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues.
- Collaborate with team members to escalate complex problems and ensure swift resolution.
- Install, configure, and maintain desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Create and update technical documentation to facilitate issue resolution and knowledge sharing.
This contract would be suitable for someone with the following:
- Proven experience as a support desk technician or other customer support role
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, service desk and desktop support.
- Good understanding of computer systems, PC’s, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues with a first contact expected fix rate of 60%
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/