Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£40k – 50k per year
Hybrid – 3 days onsite
Our client, a leading insurance organisation have an opportunity for a Java Developer to join their team on a permanent basis. As a Java Developer you will help them grow and transform their Technology landscape by contributing with high level code and the desire to learn new skills. The opportnity to be upskilled into things such as AWS is available but Java 8+ experience is a must.
- Partner with team to tackle well-scoped projects including analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of intermediate complexity.
- Provide mentorship as needed to team members on complex engineering solutions while fostering a team environment.
- Perform end to end engineering tasks for specific system assignments including developing, analyzing, configuring, testing, debugging, troubleshooting, documenting, health monitoring/alerting, and implementing based on user or system design specifications.
- Collaborate with a robust team of engineers to sharpen your skills, learn various emerging technologies while working on key business initiatives.
- Research and apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions for software engineering problems.
- Strong programming/development experience.
- Experience designing and implementing data driven applications using relational and NoSQL databases.
- The ability to deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, decompose work assignments into small batch releases, and contribute to tradeoff and negotiation discussions.
- Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to understand technical concepts and possess in-depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on.
- Proven problem solving skills allowing you to determine source of issues in unfamiliar code or systems and the ability to recognize and solve repetitive problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate information and collaborate with team members effectively.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/