Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£28k – 32k per year + Onsite
Desktop Support Engineer – Onsite
Our client is urgently looking for a naturally skilled Desktop Support Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis, based in London. The candidate will have 2-4 years of day to day user Desktop Support experience with in an MSP or expereince within a small company with full end to end administration experience. This is the perfect role for someone eager to progress their career towards a more independent role with exposure to a wider range of networks and technology. This role is 5 days per week onsite and travel in and around London will be required.
Skill set required:
- 2-4 years of User Desktop Support experience – i.e. solid desktop support skills. This needs to be either with an MSP or a candidate which has had sole responsibility of the IT department of a small company i.e. full end to end administration experience.
- Core technology experience:
- Hands-on Windows desktop support building PCs and fixing operating system/driver/software issues.
- Microsoft Office – resolving customer issues on all versions.
- Server administration (e.g. Active Directory, group policy, logon problems including remote logon issues).
- 365 and Exchange administration – e.g. mailbox limits, mailbox sharing, ISP/DNS/MX issues.
- Smartphone email support (e.g. mailbox setup and synchronisation issues).
- Able to build relationships and rapport with clients in a face to face environment.
- Used to working under pressure juggling multiple tasks.
- Managing their own queue of work by prioritising jobs according to severity and seniority, with communication of updates and resolutions to the user and other stakeholders.
- Following and contributing to documentation of standardised processes
- Fluent in spoken and written English – required for telephone helpdesk calls and customer correspondence.
Desktop Support Engineer
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/