Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£70k – 90k per year
Lead Java Developer
Hybrid – 3 days onsite
Our client, a leading insurance organisation have an opportunity for a Lead Java Developer to join their team on a permanent basis. As a Lead Java Developer you will help us grow and transform our Technology landscape whilst mentoring and developing other engineers across the organisation.
- Set technical direction and effectively influence across multiple teams to improve the overall quality of engineering practices and skill sets.
- Align work with business and engineering priorities to realize meaningful impact.
- Build, maintain, and utilize partnerships ensuring the best use of overall resources.
- Oversee complex analysis, advanced level design, development, analysis, configuration, testing, debugging, and troubleshooting for impactful and high-visibility tasks.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions for software engineering problems.
- Lead a team by providing consistent performance and technical feedback, coaching, and mentorship to foster and team environment
- Prior experience of technical leadership.
- Extensive experience in Java 8+ software development, including strong proficiency in Spring.
- Proven expertise in AWS services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, RDS, and ECS.
- Strong understanding of microservices architecture and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- AWS certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer) are a plus.
- Extensive programming/development experience plus strong prior technical leadership experience.
- Excellent delivery skills with the ability to examine and assess the effectiveness of software design strategies and methodologies, devise, apply, and share ways to ensure the quality of complex computer systems, and incorporate awareness and understanding of work happening outside of the team.
- Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to consult on business priorities and optimize value by identifying business aligned solutions and improve company capabilities by thoughtfully introducing concepts and technologies from the industry.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to create architecture that is particularly robust against single points of failure and turn future areas of need into action.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to describe technology concepts in ways the business can understand, document effectively, collaborate across disparate groups, and model and assist others in the practice of mindful communication, active listening, and messaging.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to engage with other leaders to solve problems as well as work to improve the entire engineering organization by sharing knowledge while creating opportunities for others to develop skills.
Lead Java Developer
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/