Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£70k – 75k per year + benefits
We are working with one of our biggest customers who are in the FS sector.
Job purpose / role
The Legal Counsel is responsible for all commercial and corporate legal matters of the customer. A strong focus will be on commercial contracts, e.g. supporting the procurement function in drafting and negotiating adequate contracts. The Legal Counsel will accompany the entire procurement process from a legal perspective and advise the purchasing function as well as the specialist departments. In addition, you will be part of the client’s global Legal and Compliance function and will work with colleagues at various sites.
- Provide legal advice and services on issues concerning the rights, obligations and privileges of the organization in terms of corporate governance and corporate law
- Represent the organization to customers, suppliers and government agencies and establish and maintain contact with internal clients & stakeholders
- Drive legal workstream activities in support of strategic intra-company IT-related restructuring
- Advising, drawing up and negotiating IT procurement contracts (e.g. software purchasing and leasing, SaaS, maintenance and support, IT Services etc)
Key Skills and experience
- A Solicitor or Barrister qualified in England & Wales or Ireland (preferable), ideally with experience in FS or IT industry (either in a law firm or in-house).
- 3+ years PQE professional experience at an international law firm or in the Legal department of an international company
- Focus Law: Higher education degree in law (2:1 degree or higher) or international degree desired
- Strong team-work skills and intercultural experience
- Applying analytical thinking and conflict management skills as well as moderation and presentation techniques
- Ability to work fully independent and solve complex problems or situations based on multiple sources of information
- Profound communication skills and the ability to negotiate with a diverse audience, e.g. on senior level
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/