Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£50k – 55k per year
Senior BI Analyst
Hybrid working – 6 month FTC
Our client who are a leading banking organisation based in Birmingham have an excellent opportunity for a Senior BI Analyst to come in on an initial 6 month FTC to help with various projects and ongoing BAU work within the BI team.
- Educate/Partner with different Bank’s departments, teams and cross functional projects to understand, advise and make recommendations based on insights using data centric solutions to resolve their challenges with data.
- Create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge.
- Design, develop and deploy data solutions using BI tools.
- Develop data visualisations with the use of Power BI/SSRS.
- Analyse and resolve data quality issues in datasets and reports with a constant view on improving the quality of data and management information across the Bank to effectively inform decision making.
- Collate, integrate and analyse internal operational business data and develop Operational dashboards and/or automations using Microsoft SQL and other ETL tools to meet requirements from the business and optimise business processes.
- Act as an SME around data and reporting on all relevant projects undertaken by different projects across the bank by advising and documenting the technical specification and delivering data solutions to meet the business requirements.
- Continuously maintain and develop personal and team’s technical expertise on SQL reporting tools by documenting standards, training and mentoring team members to ensure knowledge transfer within the team.
- Deliver one off activities and projects to the outcomes and standards agreed with line manager.
- Develop and produce Adhoc analysis as determined by Executives/ Heads of business other key stakeholders.
- Implementation of SQL deployment to production server – SQL DBA role
- Monitoring of SQL jobs and fixing issues when the automated job fails -SQL DBA role
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues and improve performance – SQL DBA role
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements– SQL DBA role
- Act as deputy when BI manager is out of the office to reduce the single man dependency.
- To provide assurance on reporting produced by other Bank MI functions to improve their knowledge and sustain consistency in Bank reporting.
- Develop data library outlining what is held in the system account tables to simplify all future report writing.
- Extensive experience of Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS and SSRS
- Extensive experience on TSQL
- Significant experience on Microsoft office packages like word and excel.
- Meaningful experience on Power BI
- Proactive, solution driven, and willing to take on the challenge of solving both technical and business problems.
- Strong capability in working with end users and translating their business requirements into very tangible data analysis and reporting solutions
- Innovative and enquiring approach and the ability to work autonomously where required.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve issues and manage work from inception to completion, prioritising work effectively.
- Good interpretation of Management Information and good report writing skills
- Strong organisational and personal effectiveness skills, including time and project management.
- Effective communicator and relationship builder with the ability to deliver technical messages to stakeholders.
- Passionate about delivering the highest level of customer service for internal and external customers.
- Ability to cope with a heavy workload whilst maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines in a calm, proficient manner and project a professional image always.
- Experience working in a regulated environment
Senior BI Analyst
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/