Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£50k – 60k per year + Benefits
Service Desk Team Lead
On-site 4 days per week
On- call 1 week in 4
Our clients are currently recruiting for a Hands -On Senior Service Desk Lead who’s main responsibilities will be to provide technical support to the service desk team, preferably coming from a 3rd Line Support background and will need to provide support to UK sites and have previous experience managing a team.
You will be used to providing high quality customer service across a range of technology and services. Your background in technical support will enable you to assist IT staff and end-users to troubleshoot problems and provide satisfactory resolutions to issues raised. You will be an experienced support lead with a sound understanding of a retail IT landscape and retail business processes. You will also have a good working knowledge of ITIL and will be responsible for embedding these principles within the wider service team.
- To be the main point of contact between the Service Desk Team and Service Desk Team Lead
- Experience with cross functional working, training others if and when needed
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Project Work as directed – working as a project team member and leader as required.
- Ability to work to set Key Performance Indicators and meet any deadlines
- Experience as a team lead or in management role
- Lead the Service Desk function and provide Hands-on support where/ when required.
- Using the Service Desk tool, you will be responsible for all incident trend analysis leading to problem management and continuous service improvement where applicable.
- Act as an escalation point for the resolution of all service desk related issues both with internal stakeholders and third-party service providers.
- Represent the Service Desk/support function at meetings.
- Produce statistics and management reports as and when required.
- Develop and mature the existing telephone/ticket escalation processes.
- Work with the Leadership Team to support with 3rd party support partners to ensure that support remains within agreed service levels.
- Perform out-of-hours support services for the business according to department working practices.
- To line manage the Service Desk team including absence management, appraisals and personal development plans.
- IT or Business related degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in a hands on role
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/