Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£45k – 60k per year
Software Asset Manager
Flexible working available
Software Asset Manager required for our global distribution client based in the Luton area but with flexible working available. This role controls and protects the organization’s IT Software assets (i.e., Applications, tools, Operating Systems) throughout their life cycle, from acquisition through final disposition. In addition, the role develops, and implements the organization’s Software asset management strategy, manages software entitlement ensuring all inventories and changes are made robustly and in compliance with the licensing terms and policies at all times.
- Manage IT Software asset portfolio with respect to risk, cost control, governance, compliance, and performance objectives.
- Develop and maintain company policies and processes related to Software & Licensing.
- Plan and implement IT Software asset life cycle strategy; advise Procurement and IT Operations in procurement strategies for IT Software acquisition.
- Serve as IT Software asset management subject matter expert.
- Optimize usage and cost of IT Software & License deployments.
- Manage acquisition, deployment, utilization, tracking, security, and final disposition of IT assets.
- Assist with the development and reporting of KPIs in relation to the Software in use within the business.
- Carry out internal software audits and ensure at all times that licensing by software item is correct and up to date.
- Ensure knowledge of software regulations is kept current
- Identify opportunities to drive value and improve the performance of the existing and future software base.
- Embed a formal software asset management framework for all relevant software including driving compliance across the software estate.
- Ensure optimal pricing and deployment models are secured by working closely with suppliers and software vendors.
- A degree or equivalent is preferred, as is 2+ years’ experience in IT Software asset management.
- Experience in project management and IT procurement are a must, as is experience with asset management tools particularly SNOW
- Desirable professional certification related to Software Asset Management (e.g., IAITAM, CSAM or equivalent, Microsoft MCP), plus ITIL V3 foundation minimum.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated (personal initiative). Solid project management skills and experience are needed; certification in project management (e.g., PMP) will be helpful.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, excellent customer service skills, and be able to handle pressure. Prefer candidates with demonstrated experience in analyzing and presenting data to management.
- Working language is English. Additional languages desirable (German, French, Italian, Spanish)
Software Asset Manager
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/