Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£50k – 60k per year
Software Asset Manager
Our client, a leading technology organisation based in Guildford are looking to hire a Software Asset Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. The main purpose of this role is to manage the compliance position for all installed and proposed software. This is undertaken by working with internal stakeholders and external software vendors to optimize the value delivered throughout the business.
- Manages a small team from two locations in the UK as well as collaborating with offshore staff as required.
- Supports cross-functional teams to successfully deliver Procurement initiatives.
- Supports the IT Procurement Manager to deliver on agreed targets and service delivery contractual requirements.
- Provide regular Management Information and compliance status for monthly reports as well as ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to deliver best practice for Software Asset and compliance management
- Acts as a reliable and well trusted interface between the organisation and suppliers.
- Identifies business improvement opportunities and makes recommendations for improvements of the procurement processes and lead, steers respective projects
- Supports contract management activities in both New Software Introduction and renewals. Seeking improvements where possible on timely delivery to customer.
- Builds effective relationships with all stakeholders on local and global level through proactive engagement and collaborative working practices.
- Ensures adherence to core Procurement standards and regulations (both local and Group), along with regulatory requirements.
- Manages risk through robust due diligence practices in alignment with existing guidance and processes.
- Provides subject matter expertise to stakeholders
- Shares knowledge and experience with the wider Procurement team.
- Responsible for responding to all Central Software Demand Surveys
- Assists in all consolidation requests for Central license procurement
- Assists in Central Group Activities when required.
- Primary responsible for maintaining the software relevant contracts in the current SAM tool, validate and report on the company’s software license status.
- Acts as single point of contact with any External Auditors for duration of audits and reviews
- Responsible for internal and external communications during all external audit or review.
- Responsible for the provision of data for external and internal audits / reviews.
- Good understanding of the legal principles behind Software Asset Management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of contract law pertaining to Software Licencing and Software Asset Management.
- Experienced in managing external software compliance audits ideally from at least one of the major global software publishers.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, suppliers and customers both written and verbal.
- Proven experience of in a Software Asset Management, or equivalent, role relevant to the organisation’s environment.
- Experience of operating in a multi-national organisation with multiple legal entities.
- Experience of SNOW SAM tool.
- Experience of Service Now SAM Pro tool
Software Asset Manager
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/