Website Proactive IT
The SPECIALISTS in IT RECRUITMENT
£35k – 47k per year + bonus + benefits
SQL Developer – HYBRID/REMOTE WORKING
We have one of our biggest Financial clients currently looking to enhance their already talented BI division with an experienced SQL Developer.
This role is for a Developer who will be responsible for delivering new, and changes to existing, BI reporting, data extraction and transform (ETL) for identified and agreed business requirements, providing accurate and timely information in support of business performance, management and monitoring.
Working in a team whose skills span the BI spectrum: ranging from complex database and SQL administration / development using Microsoft SQL Server, to inspiring visualisations currently delivered using TIBCO Spotfire. The role will be required to be hands-on in the design and delivery of data transformation and visualisations, working flexibly with a varied workload in an environment which is vibrant and agile. The solutions delivered will be across Business and IT areas.
The role reports into the BI Delivery Manager (or to the BI Team Leader), and also liaises with the Head of Data Architecture.
Experience and Knowledge required
- 3 years previous experience in the design and development of BI solutions within data presentation tools is essential (SSRS, essential; TIBCO Spotfire, desirable)
- 3 years previous experience in the design, development and maintenance of ETL processes is essential
- 2 years previous experience of working in a formal change management process is essential
- 2 years previous experience of working in a formal release process is essential
- 2 years previous experience of work estimation for future development planning is essential
- 2 years previous experience of stakeholder management with Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Business Users is essential.
- 2 years previous experience working within the Financial Services sector is desirable
- Detailed knowledge of SQL (preferably T-SQL in SQL Server 2012 onwards) is essential
- Detailed knowledge of database design, theory, and best practices is essential
- Detailed knowledge of ETL processes both SQL and SSIS is essential
- Detailed knowledge of SSRS is essential
- Detailed knowledge of MS Office and Excel is essential
- Detailed knowledge of design best practices is essential
- Basic knowledge of Financial Services’ Risk Management, Data Governance and Compliance Policies is desirable
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/