2nd Line support- Active Directory, TCP/IP, ITIL & Telephony
Job Reference: 16798
Salary: Â£23000 - Â£25000 Per Annum Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 13-01-2020
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Greater Manchester, Heywood
2nd Line Support
Our client is a leading provider in their sector and currently looking for someone to join their IT Departments Service Desk Team on a full-time basis in a 2nd line support capacity.
This role provides two functions to the service desk. Within the role you will be required to provide high levels of customer service including communicating with internal customers at all levels as well as having a high level of technical competence to own and resolve incidents as they occur. This is not a flow chart following role as the ideal candidate will have a technical background and will appeal to experienced 1st Line Analysts able to work independently within a small team as well as experienced 2nd Line Techs.
The role will involve:
– 1st/2nd Line Support including Advanced Desktop Support, setting up and installing computer and telephony hardware
– Troubleshooting of hardware, software and peripherals
– Being the Front-Line & Face of IT – Prompt, Always Available, Responds to Requests
– High Levels of Customer Service, Ensuring that internal customer issues are dealt with courteously and expediently within service levels
– Consistent Approach to IT Customer Requests
– Provide Regular Communication to Customers of Active Requests
– Effective Request Ownership, Resolution, Escalation & Allocation
– Process Support; Ensure Sufficient Information/documentation is gathered for Support Teams
– Creating and updating the service desk tool, accurately and in a timely manner
The successful candidate will have:
– Exposure to the ITIL Incident management process
– 1st and 2nd Line IT Support Experience including knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Basic Active Directory Administration, and TCP/IP Networking
– Be Service Led, Self-motivated, Results Orientated and able to deliver High Quality Work
– Have good troubleshooting and analytical skills
– Be organised and consistent in their approach to their work
– Be flexible in their working hours
– Be able to work to deadlines and to SLAs
– Work as an individual and as part of a team
– Have excellent Communication Skills
Our client pride themselves on hiring the best in the industry, in return they offer a salary of somewhere between £25,000 – £30,000 (Dependant on experience) plus a competitive benefits package, all within a structured environment where the opportunity to further develop both your skill set and career is endless.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.