3rd Line Technical Specialist
Job Reference: 16072SB
Salary: Â£30000 - Â£35000 Per Annum Car Allowance + Brilliant Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 04-02-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Guildford, Surrey
3 rd Line Technical Specialist
Our client, who operate within a very unique environment and have grown consistently in recent times, is looking for an experienced 3 rd Line Technical Specialist to join their team based near Guildford, on a permanent basis. The 3 rd Line Technical Specialist will be a self-starter, able to work effectively both independently and within a team.
The 3 rd Line Technical Specialist will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, as well as a generous cash allowance for a car.
3 rd Line Technical Specialist – Key Skills:
* Exposure to Microsoft server platforms such as Server 2008 and 2012 and hypervisor services such as VMware, HyperV and Citrix.
* Using and administering Microsoft office 365 services.
* Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and associated applications.
* Understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, switch, routing and associated configuration.
* Clustered Server environments – Virtual and physical.
* Experience in managing Active Directory.
* Hands on WAN, LAN, VLAN, and Wireless Networking exposure.
* Network security understanding of technologies such as Firewall, Load Balancing and mobile device management.
* Working knowledge of network cabling infrastructure and design, Cat5e / Cat6.
* Experience of storage area (SAN) device configuration.
* Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
* A self-motivated, engaging and customer facing technical service specialist who is able to build effective customer and supplier relationships.
* Pragmatic and flexible attitude in supporting our services 24x7x365.
* Ability to effectively manage high volumes of competing demand and priorities.
* Real world and hands on 3 rd line support, incident and problem management experience.
* Be prepared to travel to our UK and EU locations as and where required and provide out of hours support on a rotational basis.
* Clustered Server environments, including Microsoft SQL Server.
* Excellent network and telephony problem determination skills.
3 rd Line Technical Specialist – Responsibilities:
* Provide 3 rd level technical support for hardware and software to the IT Services department including IT Service desk, Operations and Development teams, across all systems.
* Ensure documentation and procedures are created, of quality and maintained.
* To assess and compile detailed reporting metrics for specific service demands covering subjects such as performance, capacity and supplier management.
* To review and monitor the stability of our services and ensure availability and performance is maximised, and within vendors recommended guidelines.
* To provide support of software / hardware issues under the control of our IT technical services team.
* Investigate network device and system logs on a regular basis to ensure necessary actions are taken to minimise service disruption to the business.
* To manage effectively our configuration management database items (CMDB).
* To support service events that may require assistance and implementation during "out of hours" schedules such as evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
* Participation with out of hours support on a rotational basis.
* To support supplier service review meetings with our key suppliers and ensuring tangible value is consistently being delivered.
3 rd Line Technical Specialist – Benefits:
* Car cash allowance
* Annual Leave
* Pension contribution
* Staff benefits, fully revealed at interview stage
* Many, many more brilliant benefits
3 rd Line Technical Specialist
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.