Job Reference: 16041ASR
Salary: Â£65000 - Â£70000 Per Annum excellent benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Vacancy Posted: 17-01-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Berkshire, England, Slough
Our leading financial services client based in Slough currently require a BI manager to join their team at an exciting time! They are currently in the process of undergoing a Global Transformation programme with the implementation of a new core system based on SAP to be completed within this period.
* To deliver a high quality, responsive and efficient BI & Data development/Data Warehousing service supporting UK and customer objectives
* Management of the E2E design, development, testing, delivery and support of all BI & Data solutions for the UK business covering ETL (Datastage), Datawarehouse (ODS and SAP BW) and self-service reporting (QlikView, Cognos, Business Objects) to support UK information needs.
* To supervise the work of a team of developers to deliver the agreed programme of work motivating the team to implement a culture of customer service and continual improvement.
* To be subject matter expert in BI & Data development techniques and technologies including best practice to support the teams in developing their specialist understanding and knowledge.
* To ensure that data developments are approached in an agile manner and are developed as efficient as possible being in line with best practice which enhance the end user experience
* To work with the UK BI Analytics team, the BI Architect and relevant customer leads to ensure that BI development is integrated with UK’s reporting requirements
* Manage and prioritize demand across all value drivers in the UK business.
* Resource management, planning & reporting on all BI & Data development programmes for UK .
* Collaborate with the Corporate BI & Data team to implement the integration of UK data into the current Enterprise Datawarehouse for corporate reporting solutions.
* Manage the migration of the UK legacy BI & Data landscape to the global SAP BW/ HANA platform and associated strategic ETL, Data Management, and Self-Service Reporting & Analytics solutions.
* Contribute to the global BI, Data & Analytics strategy and support the implementation of the new Global BI, Data & Analytics
* This role may require global travel
* Demonstrable solid experience in managing the E2E development and delivery of BI & Data solutions across data warehouses, data marts, ETL, data management/ lineage and associated self-service reporting.
* Significant delivery experience gained in SAP BI & Data environments (BW/4Hana, Business Objects, Lumira, Data Services, Information Steward, etc.)
* Practical experience of delivering in Agile (Scrum) environments.
* Proven experience of building strong and effective relationships in matrix organisations.
* Good inter-personal & communication skills, experienced in communicating with senior stakeholders and customers, as well as the team.
* Ability to work under pressure and prioritise key issues in a highly dynamic environment.
* Leadership experience of line manging a team of data modellers, developers and analysts with a solid coaching ethic, and a great record of developing people.
* Knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is desirable.
* Development and delivery experience of Oracle 11, Datastage, Cognos, and QlikView desirable.
* Financial Services industry experience is a strong advantage.
* Company car scheme
* Fuel card scheme
* Group pension plan
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Life Assurance
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.