Business Analyst – Financial Services
Job Reference: 17024NS
Salary: Â£400 - Â£425 Per Day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 6 months +
Vacancy Posted: 03-03-2020
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Canary Wharf, England, Greater London
Rate £425 Inside IR35
We are working in close partnership with a leading financial services client based in London. We are looking for experienced Business Analysts with a focus on an AGILE and DATA SCIENCE background.
Key roles and responsibilities:
The Business Analysts will be an "agent of change," who identifies and executes new opportunities for the businesses to capitalize on technology. The successful Business Analysts possess strong foundational data science skills, as well as an ability to develop strategic business and project plans, identify key performance indicators, create use-case scenarios, and engage and communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. They must be able to take a holistic view of a business problem or challenge, and work with various individuals to get the information necessary to drive changes through.
Responsible for identifying important business questions, applying the appropriate statistical techniques to harness structured and unstructured data, and performing complex data analysis to extract useful information and develop conclusions. Responsible for protecting an organization’s data and ensuring that all data repositories produce consistent and reusable data.
* Aid in the development of records management processes and policies
* Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes
* Drive the design for automated data processes for data discovery
* Identify, evaluate and implement services and tools to support data validation and cleansing
* Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets relating to business flows
* Mine and analyse large datasets, draw valid inferences and present to senior management
* Provide quality metrics for benchmarking of data points
* Produce and track key performance indicators which aligned to Line of Business Sponsorship
* Liaise with internal clients to fully understand data content and commercial usage / Business opportunity
* Gather, understand and document detailed business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques
* Create data dashboards, graphs and visualizations to aid commercial opportunity
Skills & Experience Required
* Business analysis experience
* Knowledge of specialized analysis techniques and tools to determine how businesses can use data to make more informed decisions
* Experience of Data Governance or Data Management principles
* Excellent Business Intelligence reporting skills
* Analytical and problem-solving skills using AI or ML techniques
* Excellent communication, presentation (both oral and written) and influencing skills to MD level
* Confidence in communicating internally at all levels; candidate will be dealing with stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority (up to Managing Director level) across Corporate/Firm-wide, Finance, Risk, Compliance, Operations and Technology teams.
* Effective change management skills. Ability to support and adapt within a changing environment
* Self-starter, able to work autonomously, with strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on time, to a high standard
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.