Business Intelligence Developer
Job Reference: 16318MS
Salary: Â£35000 - Â£40000 Per Annum
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 05-07-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Leicestershire
My award winning rapidly expanding client are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to join them at an exciting stage in their growth to help implement their insight roadmap.
Reporting directly to the Insight director this role will cover definition and delivery of the underlying data platform and reporting to meet the needs to of decision makers across the business, including but not limited to board reporting, digital marketing and trade performance, and call centre operations.
* Ensure all key business data sources are accurately and consistently pulled into the core BI reporting platform
* Build and maintain ETL and other data flows into our core BI, reporting and analytics systems
* Design and implementation of methods secure transmission of data to third-party partners
* Work with Insight Director and senior stakeholders to define and implement a measurement framework of cascading KPIs from board level through all business functions
* Build and maintain a suite of reports and dashboards for the business, supporting iterative changes and improvements the business needs evolve
* Ensure all business data, data flows and metrics are clearly defined and documented, and proper data governance is in place and adhered to
* Stay abreast of data regulations and ensure the business is both compliant and able to respond to customer requests in light of GDPR
* Work with analysts/ data science team and third parties to provide reliable data for insight projects
* Design and build a data platform to house all of the businesses key internal and external data sources
* Excellent technical business analysis skills; the ability to translate business requests for information into clear and actionable requirements for data and reporting
* Experience in a business intelligence role building and automating visual dashboards, reports and advanced, self-serve tools for business decision makers to interact with data
* Hands-on experience of BI & reporting tools, e.g. DOMO, Tableau, Looker, Microstrategy, Google Data Studio, etc
* Hands-on experience designing, building and maintaining ETL to extract data from multiple systems including ERP, digital analytics, emailplatform, and third-party data via APIs using tools such as Talend, Stitch, Syntasa, Snowplow, etc
* Broad understanding of different types of business data from digital marketing and analytics, ERP, call centre operations, logistics and supply chain
* Hands-on experience building data capability within either Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure or Amazon Cloud
* Very strong data modelling and design of data structures for reporting and analysis
* Very strong SQL and ideally Python
* Experience working closely with digital & marketing functions in a retail business highly advantageous
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.