Data Warehouse Developer
Job Reference: DWD/16242SR
Salary: Â£50000 - Â£57000 Per Annum Great Benefits + 10% Bonus
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 01-04-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Leeds, West Yorkshire
Data Warehouse Developer required for a leading client in Central Leeds
Data Warehouse Developer will assist in the maintenance, develop and improve the clients’ data warehouse. To include the analysis of business and technical requirements, and following decisions of management at each stage, design, implement, test, document and maintain solutions.
* Support the design, build and management of a dimensionally-modelled data warehouse for a rapidly evolving and growing company
* Define standards for the data warehouse, the integration/migration strategy for data, and data structure conventions
* Assess and recommend changes / improvements too proposed database technologies or options
* Leverage the company’s Microsoft and SAP based BI solutions to deliver automated segmentation and analysis capability
* Work with data services administrators to develop the data objects and data models to support data services in service-oriented architecture
* Formulate and deliver a data warehouse strategy consistent with the requirements of business objectives
* Create and provide an optimal and best-in-class analytics and reporting capability with the right distribution channels with the right actionable insights
* Validation routines, developed in conjunction with data analysts, to ensure the accuracy of data and its appropriate use relative to specific compliance issues.
Skills and experience required
* Microsoft SQL Server Experience, including SQL Server 2012 and ideally up to SQL Server 2016/17, with knowledge of differences in all versions and across all SQL Server editions
* In-depth understanding of database security during their design and deployment
* Expert level knowledge of MS SQL Server (writing queries, stored procedures, performance tuning, etc.), ETL design, processes, strategy and architecture
* At least 5 years’ experience in SQL development
* Proven experience developing bespoke Data Warehouses/Databases throughout the full development lifecycle
* Knowledge of SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
* Data Warehouse, Data Management, Business Intelligence, and Dashboard background, Share Point, Performance Point Server, Power BI, and Microsoft Office2013/16.
* Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge from outside own area of expertise
* Is pragmatic, able to balance business needs with the needs of security and data protection
* Experience with Hadoop and big data
* Certification for MS SQL server.
* Experience using SAP based Business Intelligence and Data Services suite
Benefits include – 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual), Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles), Private Medical Insurance, Health Care Cash Plan, 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.