Job Reference: 16850/CF3
Salary: Â£38000 - Â£40000 Per Annum
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 21-01-2020
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Cheshire, England
Our client a multi-award winning company, have an exciting new position within their team as they are going through significant growth and investment. They are looking for an experienced Database Analyst, to work within their dedicated IT systems team.
The Database Analyst will be responsible for managing and administering the Oracle and SQL Server databases including the Windows and Linux platforms they are running on. Responsibilities will include:
* Ensure that the company databases are managed and administered efficiently.
* Manage the underlying Windows and Linux database platforms to improve database efficiency and minimise downtime.
* Contribute to the development, testing and implementation of software, systems and enhancements to the databases and core processing systems and platforms.
* Provide third-line support for system issues and queries.
* Define and recommend technical solutions for projects and contribute to strategic planning activities, conducting research and acting as the technical lead.
* Produce quality documentation including proposals and reports on a variety of technical matters.
* Work on a rota basis performing the End of Day process and assisting with out of hours on-call support.
* Management and administration of Oracle 11G and above databases.
* Experience of upgrades between Oracle database versions.
* Experience of database licence compliance.
* Microsoft SQL Server knowledge preferable.
* Management and administration of underlying Windows Server and Linux operating system platforms.
* Strong SQL skills, preferably using PL/SQL.
* Systems and UAT testing.
* Knowledge of Oracle APEX preferred.
* Business Objects knowledge desirable.
Benefits on offer include: 25 Days Holiday, Generous pension scheme, Life Assurance, Unlimited Learning and Development budget and excellent prospects for Internal Promotions.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.