Database Architect- Data Warehousing, OLTP
Job Reference: 17134SR
Salary: Â£45000 - Â£55000 Per Annum Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Vacancy Posted: 29-05-2020
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Shropshire
The database architect will be responsible for the design and leading the development of a new data platform implementation, plus the on-going enhancement and maintenance of the existing database and reporting solutions, supporting both operational and back-office functional areas.
Ideally, you will have relevant experience of fulfilling a similar role of design and implementing efficient and responsive data solutions across multiple business functions. Therefore proven experience of both OLTP and Data Warehousing design is a must-have, aligned to the development of high-performance database solutions.
* Excellent working knowledge of the functionality and capabilities of MS Data Platform (v2000 to v2017)
* Experience of designing and building of Data Warehouse solutions (ideally Kimball) and ETL Patterns
* Experience of large-scale data migration projects utilising multiple systems and their data sources
* Strong background in data modelling, data management and data manipulation as Business Data Steward
* Develop set processes to recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality, with support and transition planning.
* Experience of performance tuning SQL Server database code and environments
* Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures to ensure support for current and on-going requirements of the business
* Experience of Data Visualisation and reporting solutions
* Experience of agile / user story development methodology
* Traditional OLTP
* Dimensional modelling / data-warehouse
* Business systems source
* Reliability & quality
SQL Server tools and associated languages
* Visual Studio / SSDT
* SSIS, T-SQL
* Reporting Services
* Analysis Services
Database Architect ef 17134
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.