Job Reference: 16194NS
Salary: Â£100 - Â£150 Per Day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 3 Months +
Vacancy Posted: 11-03-2019
Contract Type: Contract
Location: England, Walsall, West Midlands
Our client is urgently looking for an experienced Desktop Technician to join their team based in Walsall, on a contract basis, initially for 3 months with a view to extend.
Desktop Technician – Key Skills:
* Good technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware
* Hands on hardware troubleshooting experience
* Extensive application support experience
* Able to conduct research in to PC issues as and when required
* Ability to mentor team members would be advantageous
* Proven understanding of technical manuals and OEM guides
* Analytical and problem solving abilities, with attention to detail
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
* Full driving license
Desktop Technician – Responsibilities:
* Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis and resolution of desktop problems.
* Install, configure, test and maintain end user workstations including related software in order to deliver required desktop service levels as determined by the Desktop Technical Lead.
* Configuration and maintenance of mobile devices.
* Receive and respond to incoming Service Desk calls in regard to desktop problems.
* Perform move, addition and change requests as they are submitted via the Service Desk.
* Maintain the inventory of all hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
* Monitor and test fixes to ensure adequate problem resolution.
* Access software updates, driver updates and knowledge bases online to aid in problem resolution.
* Assess need for any system reconfigurations based on request trends and make recommendations.
* Liaise with third party support and hardware vendors as and when required.
* Mentor junior members of the Desktop team.
<p><span>Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted. </span></p>
<p><span>Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation</span></p>
<p><span>We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/</span></p>
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.