DevOps Cloud Engineer
Job Reference: 15581CF
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£65000 Per Annum Excellent Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 02-08-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Gatwick, Surrey
DevOps Cloud Engineer
Our client are looking for a DevOps Cloud Engineer – This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team who require a talented person to automate and help support a growing AWS cloud-based infrastructure. You will be required to apply your knowledge to reduce infrastructure costs in Cloud and Hybrid environments, perform scripting, and create future proof Cloud designs and implementations. Work closely with development teams to identify and implement automation in appropriate areas. Work closely with solution architects to analyze, review, and clarify design and architecture on tools implementation and build and deploy automation.
This is a hands-on technical operations role and the candidate is expected to have experience working in complex multi-tier cloud-based environments; come from either a development or system administration background and be comfortable working with various layers of the technology stack: operating system, network, database, web server, security layer, storage, application monitoring and development.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Proven working experience as part of an agile operation or development team
* Proven experience with AWS or Azure Cloud platform.
* Leveraging cloud capabilities for network security, data security, and encryption.
* DNS management, auto scale groups, load balancers, MFA and other technologies
* Proficient in developing automation mechanisms for continuous build and integration activities.
* Proficient in supporting large multi-tier infrastructure environments.
* Ensuring the security of IaaS/PaaS architectures, with good understanding of Web Application security.
* Working knowledge of automation tools, i.e. Docker
* Working knowledge of Linux/Windows Systems Administration
* Scripting ability – Powershell, Python, Bash etc.
* Good understanding of .NET ecosystem and build tools (Ant, MSBuild, Nunit etc);
* Expertise with administrating MS SQL / MySQL and Mongo desirable
* ElasticSearch maintenance and backups
* Knowledge of Git, Mercurial, Sonar
* Producing good technical documentation skills, UML
* Team player
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to multi-task, prioritise and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Good communication and documentation writing skills
* Excellent problem-solving acumen
* Must be self-motivated and highly organized
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
* Desirable – AWS Certified to SysOps or DevOps Administrator, Architect or Engineer (Associate or Professional)
* Desirable – Certified Linux Sysadmin
* TeamCity – desirable
* Octopus -desirable
* Able to work out of normal office hours, if required
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.