End User Computing Engineer
Job Reference: IEUE/16099GB
Salary: Â£35000 - Â£40000 Per Annum Great Benefits + Bonus
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 01-03-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Kent, Royal Tunbridge Wells
End User Computing Engineer required for a leading client in Royal Tunbridge Wells
The End User Computing Engineer performs an integral role for desktop, computer software, network systems and end user training. The support function is the first line of help when customers encounter problems or defects with products and programs. They answer telephone inquiries, respond to emails and perform in-person support sessions. The support specialists need a combination of technical and interpersonal attributes, with good judgement, clear communication skills and the ability to help others.
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving the level one issues in computer hardware and software on systems such as laptops and PCs, etc.
* Installing and upgrading hardware and software and providing complete assistance while configuring hardware & software, and peripherals of the end user systems.
* Providing general desktop support, project coordination, imaging/ re-imaging PCs & laptops, etc.
* Providing one on one assistance to the end user regarding technical issues, either by phone, emails or in person
* Resolving network related issues like local area connection problem, network access, mails, internet, Skype, dial-ins, etc.
* Providing support to voice technologies and the voice team, primarily adds, moves and changes. Additionally, assisting with voice projects, and maintaining documentation for the voice environment.
* Coordinating with third party service providers for timely repair of the system under the maintenance warranty and repairing minor flaws in hardware, if not covered.
* Providing assistance in the installation of other peripherals like printers, scanners, etc. Also, cabling systems like local area network cables, network interface cards, wired switches, etc.
* Supporting and assisting colleagues and working with other support groups and vendors for solving level two and above issues.
* Developing strategies, assisting with designs and applications, software testing, development, and up gradation beyond level two support for preventing future technical breakdown.
* Monitoring and analysing the performance of upgraded systems, keeping track of its performance, reliability, risks, and benefits.
* Providing assistance to network / Voice technicians for creating End User materials such as brochures and Training leaflets
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* A minimum of 3 years experiencing working as a technical expert in the following fields:
* Office365 and Exchange Online
* Active Directory, Azure AD, AD Connect & ADFS
* SCCM / Intune (Mobile Device Management and Applications)
* Device deployment & refresh (network patching, etc.)
* Desktop / Mobility Endpoint security
* Identities services and platforms
* Voice technologies/platforms, ideally Avaya
* Other areas beneficial areas of experience include:
* Sharepoint and other collaboration technologies
* Good understanding of End User Voice technologies (VoIP)
* Good understanding of cloud such as AWS/Azure
* Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with, colleagues, clients and customers at all levels, both formally and informally – a strong communicator who develops relationships for mutual gain.
* Take initiative to keep own skills up to date and maintain awareness of developments in the IT industry.
* Good knowledge of analytical techniques and methods and problem-solving skills
* Experience of the regulatory and audit requirements within an operational environment
* Sound End User infrastructure support experience in a technology organisation with history of delivering scalable services
* Comfortable working with senior staff, both business and IT
* Experience of working with outsource partners and delivering solutions into support
* Have demonstrable documentation skills
* Awareness of project management methodologies, e.g. Prince II
* Experience of working with business and technology stakeholders
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to HNC level in IT communications or a related technical subject, or equivalent professional accreditation
* Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential.
* ITIL version 3 Foundation (minimum). Preferable ITIL v3 Service Lifecycle Certification Service Design
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.