Environment Management Lead
Job Reference: EMLB/16100HBB
Salary: Â£40000 - Â£70000 Per Annum Benefits + Bonus
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 21-02-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
Environment Management Lead required for a leading client in Basingstoke
The Environment Management Lead will be responsible for establishing and managing the environment management capability for the Client. Communicating environment management status, opportunities and challenges with key stakeholders: senior management, project management, QA, and engineering management. Focusing on governance, processes and tools to improve the quality of the environment management service and support a wide range of programmes and projects.
* Work with the delivery leads, define and maintain the Environment Management Strategy for the Client
* Review the Delivery Roadmap to ensure the environments can meet demand and highlight any risks to Senior Management Team
* Maintain scheduling accuracy with the ability to adapt to a constantly evolving project schedule and new priorities
* Maintain focus on quality through the environment delivery process
* Work with senior management to manage environment budget to ensure funding is available to maintain the environment management service
* Provide clear communications to all environment users and team members on the direction and strategies used to manage the environments
* Meet regularly with key stakeholders of the environment management service to understand any risks or issues
* Perform ad-hoc audits on the process to ensure it remains fit for purpose and is being followed correctly
* Drive the improvement of environment management governance, tools and processes across the service (including DevOps)
* Drive reusability, scalability and maintainability into the environment management framework
* Work with the IT Delivery Leads and other stakeholders to expand the breadth of environment services and the scope of environments supported
* Act as a single point of contact for any escalation of environment issues and provide clear and appropriate communications on progress
* Ensure all processes used to manage the environments are clearly documented and available to all users
* Compile and publish regular reports on the following:
* Environment availability and utilisation.
* Rate of change.
* Environment delivery status.
* Environment defect management.
* Project status (as required).
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Demonstrable experience in managing test environment management teams and establishing new capabilities
* Experience in developing pragmatic technology strategies and plans, including an understanding of IT infrastructure landscapes, technical architectures, and practical understanding of how an IT organisation operates
* A track record in supporting multiple projects across the software development lifecycle, including a practical understanding of release, deployment and testing methodologies and tools (including modern approaches to deployment automation and supporting sprints-based development)
* Demonstrable experience working with a range of stakeholders and helping to challenge, influence and support them in solving IT problems
* Experience in IT governance, service management processes, test metrics and operational reporting
* Experience in project planning and forecasting
* Demonstrable knowledge and insight into industry and technology challenges would be desirable
* An understanding of emerging and innovative technologies would be desirable
Education and Qualifications:
* ITIL version 3 Foundation is desirable.
* Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.