Full Stack Software Engineer
Job Reference: 16553GF
Salary: Â£450 - Â£500 Per Day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 6 Months
Vacancy Posted: 13-08-2019
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Crawley, England, Hampshire
I am looking to recruit an experienced software engineer for my multinational client based near Crawley for an initial 6 month contract.
The Software Engineer implements and maintains new or improved software products and services used by their teams. Provides innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions according to the project technical objectives and within the project timeline. Keep up to date on software technology and process. Participate in activities to define and implement frameworks and design practices, as well as knowledge sharing activities in the local and global community. You will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle. Assist in identifying and organizing requirements and producing specifications
C++, java and python; Linux and Windows OS environments; software development methodologies; application and system environment issue debugging.
Key focus areas:
service infrastructures, databases, parallel programming, security
User interfaces, data access and management, performance optimization.
Experience with NodeJS, Angular, C# and other languages would also be an advantage.
* Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization – in agreement with project technical and timing objectives
* Work with field users and/or customers, to identify and resolve production issues, identify and refine requirements and opportunities for automation and efficiency improvements
* Assist in identifying and organizing requirements and producing user stories
* Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input
* Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and may be required to set up and run lab simulations
* Develop and execute unit tests to prevent regressions
* Ensure and monitor source code quality by using appropriate tools
* Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues
* Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, designs, code and other artifacts. Ensure commitments are agreed, reviewed and met
* Contribute to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.)
* Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, design, development, integration, test procedures and results)
* Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate the development plans that ensure high quality, low cost products and systems to the field and/or customer. Assist in preparation of cost estimates
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.