IT Infrastructure Engineer
Job Reference: 16709SR7
Salary: Â£35000 - Â£40000 Per Annum Car allowance + Pension etc
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 11-02-2020
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Farnham, Surrey
IT Infrastructure Engineer
We are working in partnership with one of our largest clients who are looking for a dynamic IT Infrastructure Engineer to join their fast expanding team. The role itself will report directly to the IT Infrastructure Engineering Delivery Manager and will be a fantastic opportunitiy for an experienced engineer to enhance their career with a fantastic employer.
The role will require you to work collaboratively with your internal colleagues as well as a number of third party providers. You will ideally have experience working in project environments and will have the ability to build relationships with your colleagues, be that on a piece of project work, as part of an agile product team or helping your colleagues tackle a service incident. The role is predominantly project focused, with a requirement to provide 3 rd line support if and when required.
* Provide technical solution ownership, evaluating designs and alternatives prior to delivering infrastructure and services as part of a project or product team
* Hands on exposure to various technology and also working with third party managed service providers
* Keep abreast of the latest IT and practises. Identify and realise potential of existing and new technologies, process and people in order to gain efficiencies in working
* Ensure design documentation and operational procedures are produced and maintained
* Complete documentation ranging from RFC’s, Application landscapes, network topologies and project documentation such as highlight reports and lessons learned documents
* Provide appropriate support and training material to help transition products and projects into live operations
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Deep knowledge of Windows server technologies, Windows 10 and Office365
* Networking technology – Cisco switches, Meraki wireless, Enterprise Mobility Management tools, Load Balancers and Firewalls
* Experience in automation tools such as PowerShell or Ansible
* Excellent working experience of key infrastructure technology such as VMWare, Active Directory, storage and security
* Background in enterprise technology
* Experience of DevOps and Agile development methods and tools
* Use of cloud technologies (ideally Azure / AWS) and the ability to identify opportunities to leverage cloud technologies such as PaaS
* ITIL V3
* Management and delivery of small to medium size projects
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.