IT Operational Security Analyst
Job Reference: 16330CF
Salary: Â£36000 - Â£42000 Per Annum Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 15-05-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Newport, Wales
My client has a vacancy for an IT Operational Security Analyst to join our team.
The IT Operational Security Analyst is a vital role within the Security organisation. This role reports to the IT Security Operations Manager and is a technical role, suited to an individual with a background in infrastructure technical operations.
Main responsibilities include:
* Day to day operation of the organisation’s security tooling, including Vulnerability Management, Patch Management, and Remediation and Automated Behavioural Analytics
* Identification and analysis of Information Security Risks
* Investigation of security incidents and security incident report writing
* Assist with regular penetration testing of the companies Web Application estate by working with key specialists and third parties, ensuring that corrective actions are completed within timescales agreed within the defined risk management framework
* Drive security throughout the team by working collaboratively with internal and external customers to ensure an in-depth approach to IT Security is understood throughout the technical teams
The role demands a technically astute person with excellent writing skills. This role will require liaising with project stakeholders, senior members of the business, and maintaining relationships within the organisation. The ability to communicate in the written word to a high standard is essential for this role.
A large portion of this role will involve identification and remediation of vulnerabilities on Windows Infrastructure over the companies owned Datacentre locations as well as a growing AWS deployment as well as an end-users.
A comprehensive technical understanding of Windows Server System is essential.
The individual should understand the concepts of basic vulnerability exploit methods such as Cross Site Scripting, SQL Injection, Local File Injection, Remote File Injection, Insecure Direct Object Reference as well as others.
If this sounds like you and you have strong knowledge of the following then please apply.
* Vulnerability Management Solutions (e.g. Tenable, Rapid7)
* Understanding of OWASP
* Experience creating written reports
* Active Directory administration and configuration
* Windows Server & Desktop infrastructure
* Good understanding of Local Area Networking
* Good understanding of VMware or other virtualisation technologies
* Microsoft PowerShell
* Experience of ITIL processes
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.