IT Security Analyst
Job Reference: 16468CF
Salary: Â£450 - Â£475 Per Day
Salary per: Day
Vacancy Posted: 10-07-2019
Contract Type: Contract
Location: England, Greater London, London
My market leading client based in central London are looking for an experienced IT Security Analyst on an initial 6 Month Contract Basis at their central London offices.
I am looking for a strong Subject Matter Expert in terms of security operations covering a range of activities from vulnerability management to security monitoring and security alert/incident response activities. You will be dealing with a heavy diverse workload, and able to communicate effectively with technical teams, Project Managers and stakeholders.
In this role you will be required to follow security processes and procedures covering a range of activities covered by this role: threat/vulnerability assessment, vulnerability management, security monitoring, security alert handing, incident response, etc. The processes/procedures in place must be developed, documented and implemented/operational with evidence of controls produced as KPI and KRI to evidence operational performance.
Experienced IT Security analyst to perform below activities:
* Enhancement of cybersecurity monitoring (External & Internal) using SPLUNK and handling alerts – Malware Alerts; Threat Alerts; Denial of service; Insider threat monitoring alerts
* Enhancement of Network behaviour & Anomaly Detection using SPLUNK
* Proactive identification of control gaps that may be exploited as part of zero day attack
* Unauthorised access monitoring and change on security devices using SPLUNK
* Enhancing playbook for cybersecurity incident handling and conducting tabletop exercise with EMEA teams
Functional / Technical Competencies:
* Experience and strong knowledge of performing Security Reviews, Qualys Vulnerability scanning, Qualys Policy Compliance scanning, and ideally Splunk usage for detection/investigation of misuse or incidents.
* Strong experience of security operations activities such as vulnerability management, security monitoring, alert/incident response, and security reviews of projects design/deliverables to ensure security requirements are met.
* Strong knowledge and working experience of cyber security framework – FFIEC, COBIT, NIST etc
* Strong knowledge and working experience of cybersecurity review process
Education / Qualifications:
* Ideally CISSP (or equivalent) qualified.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.