IT Service Delivery Manager EU
Job Reference: SDMG/16036JWP
Salary: Â£40000 - Â£45000 Per Annum Benefits + Car
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 04-03-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Guildford, Surrey
IT Service Delivery Manager EU required for a global client in Guildford for an exciting opportunity to progress you career
IT Service Delivery Manager – EU is responsible for supporting EU IT Managers in the provision and delivery of an effective and efficient IT service and support landscape.
This hands-on IT service manager role will require you to work closely with EU IT Leadership team in supporting a service model that unifies EU IT management teams enabling them to deliver highly available, fit for purpose, business aligned and value for money IT services.
You will have strong "can do" IT service experience and be comfortable in presenting service achievements and managing escalations from European IT management team, along with the ability to translate complex service matter into understandable business language.
Working in partnership with our clients EU IT Manager’s, the successful role holder will be an experienced and flexible IT service delivery manager who is passionate about IT customer service, people, technology and is a strong advocate of clearly documented process and procedure on delivering measurable value to our business.
Main Role Duties
* To support and act as an escalation point for our EU IT Managers and senior stakeholders.
* To be hands-on and technically minded in effectively dealing with IT service incidents, requests, problems and changes.
* To assist our EU IT managers in the planning and delivery of significant change events such as hardware upgrades, software releases or supplier changeover events.
* To work closely and proactively with our group IT service functions to ensure we are joined up in managing IT events and implementing new solutions.
* Identification, management and resolution of service gaps, risks and poor performance.
Content of Work/Skills Required
* IT Service Management experience aligned to ITIL good practice with particular focus on IT incident, problem, change and improvement management processes.
* IT financial management experience in supporting and understanding cost containment opportunity. Creation of new and innovative service offerings to support our business demands.
* Datacentre experience covering compute, storage and network resources.
* Backup and recovery, DR and work area recovery experience.
* Information security exposure such as ISO27K, firewall, VPN, pentest, anti-virus.
* A self-motivated, hands-on, people focused service manager who can drive lasting change through effective communication, both written and verbal.
* Ability to identify "the art of the possible" in ensuring EU IT services are continually afforded with the right service, at the right time with the cost.
* Coaching and mentoring style of approach when working within own team and with others.
* Managed services and cloud based supplier management experience.
* Ability to effectively manage high volumes of competing demand and priorities.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.