IT Service Desk Technician
Job Reference: 16818MS
Salary: Â£30000 - Â£35000 Per Annum ON CALL
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 08-01-2020
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, England
IT Service Desk Technician – LEAD
W are currently recruiting for one of our Top Tier clients who are based in Birmingham. The position is to join a fantastic service desk team which has grown in recent years and is now looking for someone to take up the leadership mantle.
Working within the IT Service Desk function the IT Service Desk Lead maintains a central point of contact providing frontline IT support and incident escalation services for all the client’s employees. With emphasis on customer service this position primarily focuses on the supervision of IT Service Desk Technicians ensuring effective incident management takes place while all compliance requirements, policies, standards and procedures are being upheld.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
– Excellent customer service, telephone etiquette, and interpersonal skills
– Strong troubleshooting skills
– Broad understanding of Microsoft client/server systems, networking, Microsoft Windows operating systems, and Microsoft Office productivity tools
– Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to consistently meet deadlines and commitments
– Skilled in communication, facilitation and conflict resolution. Strong oral and written communications skills (technical and non-technical)
– Capable of managing small projects and problem resolution in a cross-functional environment
– Knowledge, concern, and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence in the IT organization
– Ability to demonstrate and maintain a high level of initiative, motivation, drive, goal orientation, and positive moral
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements
– Recognized qualifications in Computer Science, Business or a related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable
– 5+ years of systems administration or technical support experience
– Experience of leading teams within an IT Service Desk function and administrating an Incident Management System is highly desirable
– SAP R/3 experience is desirable
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.