IT Software Asset & Cloud Consumption Manager
Job Reference: ISACCM/16166GF1
Salary: Â£50000 - Â£60000 Per Annum Benefits + Bonus + Car Allowance
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 06-03-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
IT Software Asset & Cloud Consumption Manager required for a leading British client in Basingstoke
As the Software Asset & Cloud Consumption Manager you will ensure that the business is fully aware of the usage of both software licences and maximises the value realised from investments in software licences, while ensuring that compliance is achieved to vendor licence terms. You are also responsible for ensuring that the consumption of the growing Cloud services within the business (IaaS & SaaS) are effectively managed on an ongoing basis, both to meet the demands of the business but also to be as cost effective as possible.
* Effectively managing, controlling and protecting software assets within the business, and effectively managing and controlling the tools which are needed to manage software assets.
* Tracking and managing the consumption of all Cloud Services (eg Azure IaaS, Atlassian SaaS), ensuring that the business and IT Delivery teams are aware of the cost of consumption, and that the costs are tracked and reported against budget.
* Working closely with the relevant teams to ensure that operational processes relating to Software Asset Management are maintained and reviewed regularly. –
* Providing credible summarised SAM data for license usage, software audits and other standard reports as required to meet the requirements of the business
* Responsibility for the SAM & Cloud Consumption processes and tooling
* Leading the negotiations relating to Software License Management including strategy, efficiency and service improvement.
* Being the owner of for all formal Software asset audits including the ownership of the tools and processes within License Management, working with legal and procurement
* Providing Snow reports for IT Operations, Procurement & other stakeholders
* Reconciling under-licensed or over-licensed software with the business units
* Ensuring CMDB accuracy and effective CI record management
* Providing comprehensive documentation where necessary
* Working with all IT Delivery and IT Operations resources to support the procurement, configuration, deployment and destruction of software (acting as an escalation point for the outsourced Service provider who execute the individual service requests)
* Having a keen awareness in the changing commercial landscape for the Software industry and to feed in news and investigate potential impacts to current modes of operation within the business.
* Facilitating the delivery of complex software requests, ensuring effective re-use of existing licences where possible
* Providing the consumption feedback as part of the contract renewal governance process
* Working with infrastructure delivery management and infrastructure design to ensure that they understand the licence implications of infrastructure changes
Required skills and experience
– Proven end-to-end SAM experience, from inventory and entitlement inventory extraction to ELP and execution of software optimisation.
– Experience of using ITSM software (ideally ServiceNow and Snow Licence Manager)
– Software licensing management in major software vendors – Oracle, Microsoft, VMware, and the licence implication of virtualised environments
– Ideally a good understanding of Cloud technologies (IaaS & SaaS) including Cloud management tools
– Expert understanding of Software License risk management
– Excellent commercial and negotiation skills
– IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools experience
– Expert in interpreting vendor licensing terms and conditions
– Ability to demonstrate a strong knowledge of CMDB and the lifecycle of CI’s
– High detective, analytical and problem-solving capability.
– Understanding of IT infrastructure and virtual environments. – IT Asset Management toolset experience.
– Take initiative to keep own skills up to date and maintain awareness of developments in the IT industry.
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, Car Allowance, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.