Job Reference: 17082CO4
Salary: Â£400 - Â£480 Per Day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 6 Months +
Vacancy Posted: 07-05-2020
Contract Type: Contract
Location: England, Greater London, London
My client is looking for immediately available server side Java developers to join them on an initial 6 month contract basis, they will go through a video interview and remote onboarding process.
I am looking for experienced Java Developers ideally with experience working in financial institutions, available to interview immediately.
Your technical skills should include:
* Professional experience working in an agile, dynamic and customer facing environment
* At least 2 years of recent hands-on professional experience (actively coding) working as a server side software engineer (Java)
* Extensive experience with using a JVM language (Java/Scala/Kotlin, preferably Java 8+)
* Understanding of distributed systems and cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
* Understanding of AOP and dependency injection frameworks (Spring, Guice, etc.)
* Understanding of microservices
* Understanding of RESTful APIs and web technologies
* Understanding of relational and no-SQL databases
* Desired – understanding of security frameworks (JAAS, Spring Security, SSL, TLS, HTTPS, etc.)
* Desired – understanding of data streaming and processing frameworks (Kafka, Spark, etc.)
* Desired – understanding of distributed tracing and monitoring (Zipkin, Jaeger, OpenTracing, Prometheus, ELK, Micrometer, etc.)
* Desired – experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
* Experience in all stages of the software development lifecycle (requirements, design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, release and support)
* Experience in automating deployment, releases and testing in continuous integration, continuous delivery pipelines
* A solid approach to writing unit level tests using mocking frameworks, as well as automating integration tests
Your soft skills should include:
* Experienced mentor with the ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns that lead to high-quality maintainable solutions.
* Ability to work in a dynamic, agile environment within a geographically distributed team
* Technically curious, versatile and solution oriented
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.