Job Reference: 16941CF
Salary: Â£40000 - Â£50000 Per Annum Excellent Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 20-02-2020
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Surrey
We are working in close partnership with one our largest clients who are the market leader in their field od expertise. We are looking for hungry and talented individuals who are keen for a fantastic opportunity to enhance their careers with a company that love to promote from within.
The main function of this role is to exercise Java web skills to develop and maintain an existing online live auction site.
We require a full-stack developer with knowledge of the JEE development platform. The team follows Agile methodology to deliver business requirements iteratively to the business. This role has responsibility for analysing requirements, provision of estimates, solution design and development in iterative cycles (normally working alongside a more senior developer).
Specific duties are:
* Responsible for analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and support.
* Develop cross platform integration capabilities with other applications.
* Work closely with colleagues in other development and support teams.
* Implement best practices and procedures to improve technical delivery within the development team.
* Responsible for the continuous improvement of the development and test environments.
* Strong Core Java
* Multi-tier, multi-threaded and real time messaging development using JAVA technology.
* Object oriented design and methodologies.
* Hibernate & Spring Framework
* Proficiency in markup languages (HTML, SVG, XML)
* Cascading style sheets – CSS, Post/Preprocessors (Less/PostCSS), CSS framework (Bootstrap), Responsive design
* AngularJS or similar
* Performance awareness, Async programming
* Understanding of cross-browser coding
* Atmosphere or other web socket libraries.
* Enterprise architectural models including familiarity and application of patterns.
* Queue technology, particularly RabbitMQ.
* Experience or knowledge of Agile development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
* Functional decomposition and migrating to Microservices
* Azure (or other cloud) migration experience
* Tooling for monitoring production systems such as Dynatrace or LogStash or similar
* Containerisation experience a nice-to-have
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.