Job Reference: 15995JL
Salary: Â£34000 - Â£36000 Per Annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Vacancy Posted: 02-01-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Liverpool, Merseyside
Our leading UK based financial services client based in the Liverpool area are currently looking for an experienced Linux Administrator to join the organisation. The Linux Administrator will be responsible for the speedy resolution of second and third line support calls with respect to the backup systems and the Linux/Web infrastructure back-end. The responsibilities to document procedures and resolutions and assist the other members of the Technical Services team are paramount.
* Administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
* Ensuring Linux and Windows servers and systems are fully backed up.
* Monitoring backup systems.
* Adjusting backup policies and procedures taking into account changing business strategies including business continuity.
* Provisioning virtual servers using VMware.
* Assisting all members of team.
* Willingness to acquire and improve skills.
* Documenting procedures.
* Knowledge of VMware, Linux and backup solutions.
* Experience of working within an IT service delivery.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to work well with colleagues and contribute/help in a constructive way.
* Ability to create and maintain I.T. related documentation.
* Strong self-discipline and dedication to self-improvement.
* ITIL aware.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.