Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
Job Reference: 16475CB
Salary: Â£400 - Â£450 Per Day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 12 Months +
Vacancy Posted: 12-07-2019
Contract Type: Contract
Location: England, Greater London, London
My client requires an experienced Microsoft Dynamics Nav Developer to join a newly formed internal development team, supporting and enhancing the already implemented MS NAV 2016. This is a long term contract opportunitty with an initial 12 month contract term.
One of the major projects which this person will immediately be involved with, is analysing and developing an upgrade to NAV 2018. Alongside development activities, a key element of the role would be to provide guidance on development best practice and support for the other non-NAV, developers, cross-training from other platforms.
* Work closely with our Business Analysts to develop new or enhance current functionality based on business requirements and specifications.
* Provide support and code fixes of core NAV configuration and third-party customisations.
* Be experienced with functional application and data upgrades.
* Understand and provide guidance on the implications of proposed changes.
* Provide expertise and guidance to assist in training and building the in house NAV support and development function.
* Work with the internal testing teams to ensure developments are fit for purpose, and developed to industry best practice.
* Ensure that developments are written concisely, logically and efficiently, fully documenting and commenting.
* Proactively identify and flag potential issues or opportunities.
* Assist in ensuring that existing and new customisations are written to facilitate an upgrade path to new Nav versions.
* All around familiarity with all functional elements of NAV
* 3 or more years’ experience as a software developer specifically working with NAV C/SIDE C/AL development language
* Ability to interpret business requirements and translate into concise, logical code, constructively challenging the internal customer where appropriate
* Experience of integration with LS Retail
* Ability to effectively document code and configuration changes
* Ability to debug errors efficiently and effectively
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.