Job Reference: 16821CF
Salary: Â£40000 - Â£50000 Per Annum Excellent Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 12-12-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, England, West Midlands
We are currently looking an experienced Network Engineer to join our Global client who are the world leader in their niche area of their manufacturing sector.
The successful individual will become an integral part of a team responsible for the support and administration of network and security technologies and appliances across the corporation. They will provide technical support and solutions for:
* All requirements in the planning, coordination, configuration, implementation, upgrade, and ongoing maintenance/monitoring of company networking environment.
* You will also be in involved in establishing networking environments by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
* You will also look to maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
* Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Ability to properly administer a mixture of the following platforms/technologies: Security Appliances including BlueCoat SSL, Zscaler
* Multi-Vendor switches, including Cisco IOS, Nexus, Juniper, HP ProCurve Juniper firewalls and VPN platforms Airwatch Mobile Device Management
* Various infrastructure services and protocols
Knowledge of the following Enterprise systems and software:
* MS Active Directory
* MS Exchange Server
* Solarwinds ORION
* Solarwinds Network Topology Mapper (NTM)
Education and Experience
* 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
* 5+ years of analytical job experience in an Information Technology organization
* 6+ years of network engineering and/or administration experience
* Required: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Juniper JNCIA – Routing and switching or Security
* Desired: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Juniper JNCIP – Routing and switching or Security
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.