Network Systems Engineer
Job Reference: NETWORKTD
Salary: Â£30000 - Â£35000 Per Annum
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 21-08-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Northampton, Northamptonshire
Network Systems Engineer
We are currently working in close partnership with one of our biggest customers who are a leading force in providing IT Solutions in the Retail sector. The position is based in Noethampton where the client has a number of offices with their headquarters based further up the country. They are a dynamic outfit and are looking for that talented AND unique individual who can come in an enhance an already award winning team.
What will we ask you to do?
Working with our support team you will be providing 2 nd /3 rd line Network/Server support to our customers, as well as internally. You will be involved in customer projects that require a Technical input, providing your expertise to assist with solution design and implementation. Striving for continuous improvements, you will work to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Is this the role for me?
* Experience in WAN/LAN technologies, preferably Cisco or HP
* Virtualisation technologies: VMware or Hyper-V
* Microsoft servers 2003/2008/2012/2016
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010
* Windows 7/8/10
* Backup technologies
* Antivirus / security products
* Excellent knowledge/experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs.
* Excellent knowledge of VMWare or Hyper-V in an enterprise environment.
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 including NLB and clustering.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange environment.
* Experience of patch management deployment/Windows Software Update Service.
* Good knowledge of backup systems.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7+
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.