Job Reference: 16998GF
Salary: Â£70000 - Â£80000 Per Annum Brilliant Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 19-02-2020
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Greater London, London
Our global client, a highly respected International Bank is urgently looking for an experienced Oracle DBA to join their team based in London, on a permanent basis. The Oracle DBA will be responsible for Database management of the Clearing applications utilising Oracle, PostGres (Enterprise DB PAS) and MS SQL DB technologies including performing administration, configuration, installation, maintenance, tuning, and support of the database environments.
Oracle DBA – Key Skills:
* Experience of implementing and supporting PostGres, Oracle & MS SQL databases in high availability solutions
* Candidates with exposure to other RDBMS platforms will be looked upon favourably, although Oracle Database skills are paramount
* Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the Clearing Database environments
* Must have a strong understanding of the architectural and operational complexities of database solutions with hands on experience of many of the following technologies:
* Performing administration, configuration, installation, maintenance, tuning, support and undertake troubleshooting of the database environments
* Capacity Management (proactive housekeeping/archiving)
* Managing Backups, Disaster Recovery and High Availabilty of the database environments
* Support software developers with database operations including the support of SQL, creation of stored proceudres etc
* Understanding of and adherence to ITIL Change control procedures.
* Good knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Linux, Active Directory, VM Ware
* Knowledge of Storage (SAN/NAS/DAS)
* Knowledge of clustering & network technologies
* Experience providing support for production and non-production environments Knowledge of Continuous Intergration (eg.. Ansible, Chef)
* Preferably have experience managing Oracle Exadata hardware component failures, such as disk or flash drive failures, configuring storage cell features, functionality and cell maintenance operations
Oracle DBA – Benefits:
* Annual leave
* Pension scheme
* Private Medical Insurance
* Cycle to work scheme
* Season ticket loan
* Discount vouchers
* Many, many more brilliant benefits!
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.