Oracle Developer – PL/SQL, Forms, SQL
Job Reference: 16101/K
Salary: Â£300 - Â£325 Per Day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 6 months
Vacancy Posted: 30-01-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Greater London, London
Our London based client is looking for a Oracle Developer on a 6 month contract starting ASAP. The role is working alongside senior developers, product managers and business users to assist delivery of a new project and possibly other applications in Business Systems. The role holder will be responsible for developing new modules, screens, batch processes by working alongside business analysts and .Net developers.
Scope of responsibilities:
– Code design and development for larger projects using Oracle SQL, PL/ SQL and Oracle Forms (Essential)
– Database environment setup which includes generating scripts for creating and amending tables and other objects in data dictionary.
– Support include problem investigation, development, testing and deployment to live of code developed
– Developing data migration scripts while moving data across databases, from flat files, excel to tables, etc.
– On-going support and maintenance of in-house applications using Oracle SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle Forms
– Interacting with business users to assist them with problem investigation
– Interacting with front end developers as part of the development process
– Adheres to processes in place for live deployment and support
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
– Database Development using Oracle PL/SQL
– Strong SQL writing skills and data analysis using SQL Plus/ Toad/ SQL developer
– Debugging PL/SQL code
– Working knowledge of partitioning and materialised views
– Working in support environment with good problem solving and analytical skills
– Fluency in working within standard procedures and within a project life cycle
– Knowledge of database best practices
– Unix skills desirable
– Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team
Upon completion of development, the role holder will be responsible for unit testing making sure code developed works as expected and developed to the desired quality and standard. Role holder will also be responsible for investigating problems on new code developed or changes to existing code in order to address these problems. Assist in database environment setup and data migration activity which may require data analysis and coming up with migration approach.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.