Oracle Developer with Payroll / Pension systems experience
Job Reference: 15894D
Salary: Â£50000 - Â£65000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 20-11-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Reigate, Surrey
My client is a world class leading global advisory, broking and solutions organisation who have been around for centuries and operate in more than 140 countries are looking for an experienced Oracle Payroll Systems Developer to join their team based in their flagship offices in Reigate.
The Payroll Systems Developer will be part of the Development Team and will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of existing Pensioner Payroll System. The role of the Payroll Systems Developer will be to enhance and maintain our Payroll System and provide support for the existing functionality within our systems. The successful candidate will need to liaise with the Payroll Department, Business Analysis team, End Users and third party service providers as appropriate. This position requires a passion for technical design, development, problem solving, and the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
* Building a comprehensive understanding of applications, systems and infrastructure across the Technology and Administration Solutions line of business
* Communication with key stakeholders and development teams on technical solutions.
* Perform application and systems development duties using technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL. , Shell Scripting under AIX
* Provide level 3 technical support on Oracle, UNIX and application issues.
* Candidate must be able to take ownership for assigned tasks and be responsible for gathering and/or filtering requirements, impact analysis and specifying business and IT solutions for projects and/or enhancement request.
* Candidate must be able to interact with other developers, business analysts and business stake holders to produce a high level technical specification/solution document ensuring technical compatibility and end user satisfaction.
* Produce logical systems design models where appropriate in conjunction with Senior Systems Analyst/System Architect.
* Convincing and presenting proposals by way of high level solutions to end users and/or stake holders.
* The ideal candidate will have experience of working on a large Payroll project within financial services and have a good working knowledge of payments systems.
* Able to grasp new concepts quickly, demonstrating understanding of the implications of technical issues on business requirements and / or operations.
* Work calmly and effectively under pressure, being aware of time constraints where appropriate.
* Understands and can communicate well on all aspects of the software development lifecycle e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, documentation and associated methods (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.)
* Knowledge of using source code control systems such as PVSC
* Technical and troubleshooting experience, including the ability to work under pressure and "think outside the box", diagnose log files, simulate problems, etc.
* Strong Unix/Linux and Unix Shell Scripting
* Oracle Database experience
* Oracle RDBMS, SQL*Plus and strong PL/SQL
* Private medical single cover
* Income protection
* Life assurance
* Bi-annual health assessment
* Holiday – 25 days
You will be eligible of the company bonus scheme of 15% an excellent pension scheme and a whole host of other benefits not available at your average Financial Services Company – so for more details and to secure an interview please apply today.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.