Job Reference: 17065JL
Salary: Â£35000 - Â£40000 Per Annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Vacancy Posted: 26-03-2020
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Bristol, England
RPG Developers – Has the current climate got you thinking of making a change? We have an excellent opportunity to join a well-respected global organisation in the Bristol area that have an important position to fill within their AS400/RPG team. This role will allow you to help support, developer and test the RPG programmes that you are involved in but will also give you a gateway into learning other skills such as Java.
* As part of the development team provide ISeries administration duties
* Provide support on both application and server systems and hardware
* Contribute and provide input to a review of ISeries development and production environments
* Provide point of contact to internal and external customers
* Provide professional programming services in support of development projects and production systems.
* Review software applications and production schedules and environments to increase coverage of existing documentation including recommendation and application of ongoing improvement of those systems
* Be willing to learn new technologies where necessary ie. Java
* Undertake design investigations, presenting proposals for the development of software applications projects.
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to explain IT terminology and initiatives in straightforward terms.
* The ability to think clearly and make correct decisions under pressure
* Analytical, with ability to manage multiple tasks
* RPG ILE , Free format, SQL CLLE, CLP, RPG/400, RPG II & III , FTP, DB2 SQL
* JBA System21 (desirable), ALDON, AS400 Query, Cognos, Microsoft Office
* Team player
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Ability to manage own time
* Agile methodology
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.