SAS DI Developer
Job Reference: SDD16027SB
Salary: Â£55000 - Â£60000 Per Annum Benefits + Bonus + Car
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 05-03-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
SAS DI Developer required for a leading client in Basingstoke
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of this job is to develop, support and maintain the Customer Data BI applications in use by the business on a daily basis. Ensuring 24/7 application continuity within a competitive commercial environment
Main Duties (Principal Accountabilities) :
* Management, creation, delivery and release of high quality unit tested code for the BI Customer Data directorate. Ensuring deliverables are produced on time, to budget and at the right quality. Assisting with the production of working procedures to further improve the deliverables of this department.
* Provide 2 nd and 3 rd line support for user reported issues. Deliver the appropriate solutions to resolve the issues quickly and effectively. Following the resolution of the issue to undertake root cause analysis.
* Identify service improvements and resilience measures for both the BI toolset and Customer Data to improve business performance and data quality.
* Design, implement and manage both the security and user setups for both internal and external customers.
* Contribute to the project management of software upgrades and patches relevant to BI Customer Data directorate, from the design through development and into implementation.
* Delivery the code promotions for the BI Customer Data development.
* Advise on the testing and validation of Infrastructure changes.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required:
* Business Analysis experience
* Dimensional Database design experience
* Physical database design experience
* MS Project
* Deep appreciation of appropriate infrastructure technologies
* Understanding of the Business strategy, strategic planning and full understanding of the technical roadmaps
* Vendor Management and supplier negotiation
* Awareness of: Legal rights, duties and processes including FSA, DPA.
* Budgetary and business awareness
* Appropriate levels of software knowledge within the following technologies:
* Highly experienced Senior SAS DI developer
* Extensive (5+ years) SAS DI experience, including SAS Macros
* Extensive advanced SQL experience
* Agile delivery experience
* Extensive data warehouse development experience & in-depth understanding of DWH concepts
* SAS 9 Product Set, specifically DI Studio, OLAP Cube Studio and SPDS
* Solaris 5.9 and 10
* W2K & W2K3 Server
* Business Objects 6.5 and XI
* XP Desktop
* Sharepoint +IIS
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.