Senior Data Analyst
Job Reference: 165895NS
Salary: Â£28000 - Â£33000 Per Annum Excellent Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Vacancy Posted: 10-01-2020
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Lancashire
Senior Data Analyst
We are currently working in close partnership with a brand new client based in Lanacashire. We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to provide data analytical support to our client, turning data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. Working with multiple datasets, structured and unstructured data and with a statistical authority to develop and drive a coherent data strategy.
* To work as part of the IT Infrastructure team to provide 1 st class support to the client and all other customers in accordance with agreed SLA’s.
* Operate within ITIL service management framework with particular focus on Incident, Problem, Change and Release.
* To be responsible for ensuring adherence to organisational policies and procedures in the discharging of principal accountabilities and functions.
* To be responsible for adhering to and maintaining the principles of the FCA Treating Customers Fairly guidance in all areas of the postholder’s work.
* To establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, customers, visitors and other individuals visiting or working in the business.
* To represent the company as an honest, knowledgeable and conscientious ambassador.
* Develop and implement data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
* Oversee the strategic data priorities within the business and identify new business opportunities from developed datasets.
* Champion for data ownership, policies and standards, accessibility and governance by regulating how the business captures, maintains, and presents data and information across diverse industries in order to measure performance.
* Interpret data and analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
Knowledge and Skills
* Proven working experience as a senior data analyst or business data analyst
* Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
* Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
* Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
* Highly driven and determined individual with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Demonstrable and proven ability to work on own initiative with good organisational skills and self-drive
* Exceptional customer focus skills, with a natural aptitude to consider impact to the customer
Good standard of education, ideally to degree level and with core focus in IT
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website https://www.proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.